Storage Masters is a family owned business committed to providing friendly, personal and secure self storage solutions at an affordable price. Our goal is to make your moving and storage experience a breeze by providing a FREE move in truck, no deposit fees, administration fees or hidden charges of any kind. Our facilities feature state-of-the-art security with 24 hour camera surveillance, individually coded key pad entry, lighted driveways and raised concrete floors for increased visibility.
In 1984, John R. Burrows founded the first Storage Masters in Denver, Colorado. With extensive experience in engineering, sales, marketing, real estate, contracting and advertising Burrows background was an ideal fit for this new business. After the success of the Denver location, the business began to grow. Having been born and raised in St. Louis, Burrows decided this seemed like the best place for expansion. This allowed him to return to his family roots and to expand his storage business at the same time.
Until recently the self storage industry has lacked an emphasis on advanced technology. Years ago facilities were run with a home-grown â€śMom & Popâ€ť attitude. There were no automated gates, security measures, shelves, climate control or concrete driveways. The St. Charles location changed all that!
With further success, the Chesterfield location was then started in 1987. It incorporated many of the same features used in St. Charles, due to customerÂ demand for these new features. Then in 1993, an unusual occurrence happened. Both the Missouri and the Mississippi Rivers crested at about the same time. This led to the failure of over 120 levies on the Missouri River and others on the Mississippi.
On July 30th, 1993 the levy broke and flooded the Chesterfield property. In 1995, with the progressing recovery of the area, the portion of the levy along the Missouri River was reinforced with approximately $1,600,000 in improvements. Then after seven years of rebuilding from the devastation, it was time to expand again.
Rebuilding makes one think of how you could do it better the next time if you ever had the chance. The Oâ€™Fallon location is the result of such â€śWhat Ifâ€ť thinking. After being in the business for 14 years many thoughts come to mind.
- You could offer one of the highest grades of security?
- You could offer both self storage and delivered storage at one location?
- You could offer storage when moving from one location to another without actually storing the goods to be moved? (Great for people moving from one apartment to another or one house to another.)
- â€¨You could deliver the moving supplies needed directly to the customerâ€™s front door prior to the move?
- You could give the customer a FREE move-in truck to move into your storage unit.
- You could offer the customer a truck to rent that would actually be there when it was supposed to be, rather than just â€śhopingâ€ť it would be there.
Now with eight locations, Storage Masters offers all this and more!